Monday, August 2, 2010

Microlending- College Style

I have been really excited about the impact of microlending on poverty throughout the world. It has led me to donate to kiva.org. This organization allows individuals to make $25 loans to projects throughout the world that help individual lives and micro-businesses. I have been thinking about ways to make this type of lending a possibility on the local level with families in my school community gaining from these loans. I haven't figured out the variables or the organization, but I would love some thoughts about making this happen. In the mean time, I found this organization, http://www.co-fund.org. They are working to make college a reality for low-income students. This seems like an awesome program, and I am making my first donation today. Check it out, and begin the joy of giving through microlending.

No comments:

Post a Comment