Saturday, January 7, 2012

Five for Friday-Links and Ideas

Like It or Love it

Why teaching has to be a passion and mission, and how liking it isn't enough.

Virtual Expeditions

I've been interested in the possibility of combining expeditions with 1:1 since I arrived here. This is one example of how kids could visit without visiting.

Math Pickle

There are tons of math sites out there, but this one caught my attention. Seems like this type of site could hook kids into doing math after math class.

Kiva.org

Kiva has been my microlending site of choice for a long-term, but I think it can be a source of learning giving and empathy for our students. How can we use this site as a tool for global connections now and in the future?

House of Plastic Bottles

Until they are gone, I guess we could use them for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment