Monday, September 29, 2014

The Joy of Learning

Over the weekend, I had an opportunity to represent Affton at the Missouri School Boards Association during a presentation about our journey with bringing greater technology integration into our classrooms. It was a great experience, and I said something during the presentation about how too many classrooms around the country squeeze the joy out of learning. When I made it home, a friend had shared this video of a group of preschoolers talking about what they love about learning. It is incredible to listen to their voices. I feel this same energy every time that I visit our early childhood center. I have great hope that the opportunities for kids that are growing around in the district in the areas of creating, making, and designing can support this natural joy of learning. Enjoy the video and remember that all learners, no matter their age, desire joy and playfulness in their learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment